Swingtown Rebels pride ourselves on running some kickass dance exchanges during the year! These are great for dancers of all levels to come and have a blast, make new friends, boost your dancing, get sleep deprived and create some awesome memories!
Christchurch Swing Festival
This is an awesome weekend of workshops and social dancing, with amazing national and international teachers! Check out the details for last year’s Christchurch Swing Festival here:
CHRISTCHURCH SWING FESTIVAL (May 11-13 2018)
Pocket Change Exchange
New Zealand’s only socials-only exchange – with 4 days/nights of epic social dancing it’s not to be missed, and we’ve had attendees from all over New Zealand, Australia and further afield!
Coming up in November 2019 (28th nov-1st Dec) after a hiatus in 2018. See this page for all the fun details!
Run every second year, the inaugral event in 2018 was great fun – a chance for balboa afficianados from Christchurch and around the country to gather and do some sweet sweet shufflin’. Check out the details from the last event here.
Out of town
- If you’re going further afield and want to get your dancing fix while you’re away you’ve got plenty of options!
- Check out the facebook group (and corresponding calendar) Aus and NZ Swing. They list all Australian and NZ swing events, a great resource for planning your exchanges!
- Some awesome NZ events include:
– Art Deco Swing Napier (Feb)
– Windy Lindy Wellington – (late October)
– Dunedin Midwinter Swing Festival (June)
- Get in touch with some of the other scenes from around New Zealand to find out if they have anything on when you are in their area! See the sidepanel for scene contacts.