These are unusual times, and the Swingtown Rebels take seriously our responsibility to minimise the risk of spreading COVID at our events. We are committed to following the hygiene and contact tracing guidelines laid out in the NZ Events Sector Voluntary Code. We also recognize that all the current uncertainties make it difficult to commit to attending an event (particularly for out-of-towners). Therefore, we’re keen to give you the peace of mind of knowing that your pass will be refunded if CSF gets cancelled for COVID reasons.
COVID Cancellation Policy:
– If Christchurch is at Alert Level 2 (or 3 or 4) on the weekend of CSF, we don’t feel it would be safe or responsible to run such a large dance event (given how easily dancing can spread COVID). So, in this case, we would cancel the event and refund all passes (fully refunded if the alert level notification was given before the event; partially refunded if the alert level was raised partway through the event).
– If you come down sick before or during the weekend (at any alert level), please stay at home (we don’t want CSF to be the next super-spreader event!), and we will refund your pass (fully, if before the event; partially, if you have already attended some of the event).
– If Christchurch is at Alert Level 1, but other parts of the country are at more restrictive alert levels (and this prevents teachers or pass-holders from attending), we will:
– Refund the passes of those who are unable to attend
– Consider running a smaller event on the same weekend, for those who can attend (and give partial refunds, at our discretion, if we’re unable to run the full event)
– If you have any concerns, or your situation is not covered above, please get in touch with us.
Non-COVID Cancellation policy
– If you choose to cancel your pass for a reason unrelated to health or COVID alert levels, you may do so with a full refund up until 7 April. After 7 April, any (non health/COVID-related) refunds will be at the discretion of the Swingtown Rebels.
– If we have to cancel the event for any reason, we will fully refund all passes.
In all the cases above, we cannot take responsibility for your travel and accommodation costs (so please keep this in mind when booking flights and accommodation).