Yes! It’s coming – and sooner than you think.
Join us for the highlight of all Swingtown Rebels year – the epic Pocket Change Exchange (PCX). This year we’re going to Dance Through the Ages from childhood through growing up, middle age and old age – what better way to celebrate life and dancing!
If you’ve been before you will know there’s a lot of things to love about PCX, and if you’ve never been, you’re in for a treat!
– Loads of events spread over 6 nights and two days, at a range of exciting venues all over Christchurch.
– it’s ALL social only swing dancing (so no need to wake up early for classes)
– Heaps of live music, awesome DJ’s, kickball, PCX Jammers, epic late nights, good friends, Monday ski trip, icecream sundaes, a ferry ride, and just generally dancing until you just can’t dance anymore!!!
– and great news is that it’s called Pocket Change Exchange because it’s so cheap! All the events for the super low earlybird price of $120 ($145 if you wait til August to register/pay, so register now!). Weekend passes available if you can’t make all the week nights, or pick and choose from individual events.
Popular with both locals, and out-of-towners/out-of-countriers, you’re bound to make new friends, reconnect with good mates, and have a blast.
We’re just finalising the final exciting details of venues and bands, so check out the events page for a taster, sign up for the event on facebook to stay up to date with announcements of bands and venues and general good times
Get all the info here:
Bands and Music
We’ve arranged a massive line up of musical options for you!
- Bella’s Boys
- The All Girl Big Band
- Sideline Swing
- Vinyl DJs Michael and Anita
- Wellington’s The Dancing and Drinking Society
- PCX Jammers